Covid-19 Secure Riviera Guesthouse Whitby
We're Good To Go! It's Official!
We love our guests here at the Riviera. We've gone above and beyond with our Covid-19 Secure measures yet without compromising our friendly, home-from-home 'feel'. Here's our list of primary measures:
Guest rooms, communal areas and the dining room will be fogged out with a sanitising solution ensuring surfaces are safe for human contact. Fogging also protects walls and other hard to reach areas for extra safety.
Antiviral disinfectant will be in use.
Increased cleaning of communal areas and high touch points.
Hand sanitiser stations installed throughout the guesthouse.
Breakfast served in two sittings and with table service (no buffet).
Plenty of helpful reminder signage.
Daily room service available.
Unnecessary soft furnishings will be removed.
Please ensure you read our emails before you arrive so you are fully aware of our measures that will keep you, our wonderful guests, safe along with our family and staff.
From August 8th, it is now mandatory for guests to wear face coverings in all communcal areas of the guesthouse (reception, stairways and landings). This does not include your room or the dining rooms. Currently staff are not required to wear face coverings therefore after completing our risk assessment, we have deemed this not to be necessary at all times. We are working hard to keep the balance between everyone's safety and also that holiday feeling you likely need right now.
Before and When You Arrive ...
When you book with us, we'll be in touch five days before your stay with pre-arrival hints & tips and what you can expect from team Riviera.
Upon arrival, Zed will meet and greet at a social distance. It is now mandatory for guests to wear a face covering in all communal areas of the Guesthouse.
Please sanitise your hands on arrival (there will be a sanitiser station ready to use).
We’ll also ask if you want a daily room service or not. This is entirely up to you and we would be happy to service your room during your stay.
You are required to fill in a registration form and a car parking permit will be provided. We have sanitised pens available.
We’d usually love a good catch up but as you can imagine we are keeping this type of interaction to a minimum just at the moment.
You will be allocated a breakfast slot 8am to 8.45am or 9am to 9.45am in order to safely space everyone during breakfast time.
Ensure you order cooked items as you settle in, putting your order in the box in reception ready for the following morning. Your table will be ready the next morning and your room number clearly visible.. We are now offering table service rather than any buffet style breakfast. Hot drinks and juices, toast and cereals will be brought to your table and the cooked items will be served with a smile. There will be milk jugs, sanitised salt, pepper and sugar shakers and single use sauce sachets on the table.
We have decided against gloves as frequent handwashing and sanitising will keep our hands as clean as possible.
Likewise, Government guidance has suggested PPE is not required in restaurant settings. Instead, we will ensure social distancing where possible and increased hand and surface sanitising is taking place.
Our Cleaning Protocols
- We’ve always had excellent cleaning regiments, however we've gone above and beyond by investing in the fogging device and this will be used on every check out and daily in the communal areas and dining room. It will be used at 6.30am in the dining room and other communal areas before guests take breakfast and we’ll be cleaning bannisters and other high traffic areas in the late afternoon.
- We’ve also changed our cleaning products using an antiviral disinfectant that is a general-purpose sanitiser and cleaner, proven to kill a range a range of pathogenic viruses, including Coronaviruses, leaving surfaces safe for human contact.
- We’ll also be focusing on high touch point areas such as light switches, plugs etc.
- Our trusty fogger will be used at 6.30am in the dining room and other communal areas before guests take breakfast and we’ll be cleaning bannisters and other high traffic areas in the late afternoon.
- If you would like daily room service, we will be more than happy to provide this for you. If you prefer to have no-one else in your room during your stay, that’s fine too.
- When it comes to leaving us, we ask guests keep social distancing rules in place and check out no later than 10am.
- Please leave your keys in the box in reception as these also get sanitised.
- You can pay using the card you booked with; another card; cash (we have a sanitiser for cash) or by BACS.
- Stair wells can be a bit of a challenge with regards to social distancing. We ask our lovely guests to check to see if anyone else is using them and if so, please wait on the landing until the other persons have passed. We have installed signage to remind you …
- One thing we do ask our guests is if you are feeling unwell please don’t travel. We will be here waiting for you when you’ve regained your health.
- If you become unwell during your stay, please tell us immediately by telephoning us on 01947 602533 or 07540 945537. We will assist you as best we can in helping you return home or advise as to hospitals nearby if needed.
- Our team have undergone Covid-19 training, so we are more than ready to welcome our guests again. Like everyone, we’re adjusting to the new normal and we’ve gone above and beyond to ensure our guests, family and staff are safe.
- Of course, if there is ANYTHING that concerns you during or after your stay then tell us! We’ll do our utmost to reassure or rectify. We are also happy to send you a copy of our Risk Assessment or Standard Operating Procedures.