Covid-19 Secure Riviera Guesthouse Whitby
We're Good To Go! It's Official!
We love our guests here at the Riviera and although we have passed so-called 'Freedom Day', the virus has not gone away therefore certain standards will remain in place at the Riviera. We've gone above and beyond with our Covid-19 Secure measures yet without compromising our friendly, home-from-home 'feel'. Here's our list of primary measures:
Guest rooms, communal areas and the dining room will be fogged out with a sanitising solution ensuring surfaces are safe for human contact. Fogging also protects walls and other hard to reach areas for extra safety.
Antiviral disinfectant will be in use.
Increased cleaning of communal areas and high touch points.
Hand sanitiser stations installed throughout the guesthouse.
Daily room service available.
Please ensure you read our welcome email before you arrive so you are fully aware of our measures that will keep you, our wonderful guests, safe along with our family and staff.
It is up to yourselves whether you would like to continue wearing a mask or not. We will not be enfocing mask use due to the change in Government guidelines. We are working hard to keep the balance between everyone's safety and also that 'holiday feeling'.
Before and When You Arrive ...
When you book with us, we'll be in touch five days before your stay with pre-arrival hints & tips and what you can expect from team Riviera.
Please sanitise your hands on arrival (there will be a sanitiser station ready to use).
If you would prefer no-one to enter your room during your stay, please let us know and this will be respected.
You are required to fill in a registration form and a car parking permit will be provided.
Throughout the pandemic, we operated two breakfast sittings however we have now gone back to one sitting as this means there is a longer period for our guests to enjoy their breakfast. Your cooked breakfast will be served to your table along with tea and coffee and you are welcome to help yourself to the continental options from the side bars. We just ask that you are sensible and wait for others to leave the area first.
Ensure you order cooked items as you settle in, putting your order in the box in reception ready for the following morning. Your table will be ready the next morning and your room number clearly visible.
Our Cleaning Protocols
- We’ve always had excellent cleaning regiments, however we've gone above and beyond by investing in the fogging device and this will be used on every check out and daily in the communal areas and dining room.
- We’ve also changed our cleaning products using an antiviral disinfectant that is a general-purpose sanitiser and cleaner, proven to kill a range a range of pathogenic viruses, including Coronaviruses, leaving surfaces safe for human contact.
- We’ll also be focusing on high touch point areas such as light switches, plugs etc.
- If you prefer to have no-one entering your room during your stay, please let us know and this will be respected.
- When it comes to leaving us, we ask guests that guests check out no later than 10am so that we have enough time to keep up our high standard of room cleaning.
- Please leave your keys in the box in reception as these get sanitised.
- You can pay using the card you booked with; another card; cash or via BACS.
- One thing we do ask our guests is that if you are feeling unwell please don’t travel. We will be here waiting for you when you’ve regained your health.
- If you become unwell during your stay, please tell us immediately by telephoning us on 01947 602533 or 07540 945537. We will assist you as best we can in helping you return home or advise as to hospitals nearby if needed.
- Like everyone, we’re adjusting to the new normal and we’ve gone above and beyond to ensure our guests, family and staff are safe.
- Of course, if there is ANYTHING that concerns you during or after your stay then tell us! We’ll do our utmost to reassure or rectify. We are also happy to send you a copy of our Risk Assessment or Standard Operating Procedures.