Facebook Competition Terms and Conditions
1. The promoter is: Riviera Guesthouse, whose registered office is at 4 Crescent Terrace, West Cliff, Whitby, YO21 3EL.
2. The competition is open to residents of the United Kingdom aged 18 years or over except employees of Riviera Guesthouse and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
3. There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
4. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
5. We are running this competition on Facebook at www.facebook.com/RivieraGuesthouseWhitby. Route to entry for the competition is to like the post only. To be entered into the competition you are not expected to like the Facebook page, share the post, comment or tag a friend. People can, of course, perform any of those social actions, but do so at their own will.
6. We have the right to allow more than one entry per competition at times. We will notify specifically in the post if this is the case.
7. Closing date for entry will be stated in the Facebook post on the Facebook page. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
8. No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
9. The rules of the competition and how to enter are clearly stated in the Facebook post. Like the post only. To be entered into the competition you are not expected to like the Facebook page, share the post, comment or tag a friend. People can, of course, perform any of those social actions, but do so at their own will.
10. The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
11. The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
12. The prize is as follows: three night stay at Riviera Guesthouse in a choice of room mutually agreed between Riviera Guesthouse and the winner. The date of stay will also be agreed between Riviera Guesthouse and the winner. The stay will be taken outside of Peak Season and Holidays between Sunday and Thursday.
The prize is as stated and no cash or other alternatives will be offered. The prizes are not transferable. Prizes are subject to availability and we reserve the right to substitute any prize with another of equivalent value without giving notice.
13. Winners will be chosen at random by software.
14. The winner will be notified by Direct Message on Facebook within 28 days of the closing date. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 14 days of notification, we reserve the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and pick a replacement winner.
15. The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be redeemed.
16. The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
18. The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by English law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England.
20. The winner’s name will be available via our Facebook page.
21. Entry into the competition will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions.
Riviera Guesthouse‘s decision as to those able to take part and selection of winners is final. No correspondence relating to the competition will be entered into.
Riviera Guesthouse shall have the right, at its sole discretion and at any time, to change or modify these terms and conditions, such change shall be effective immediately upon posting to this webpage.
Riviera Guesthouse also reserves the right to cancel the competition if circumstances arise outside of its control.